Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My mother(board) is back

Today I received my motherboard back from warranty repair. The total time from when I shipped it out to when I got it back was about two weeks.
The board is an ASUS P6T SE that I bought last year for a home build I was starting. The computer stopped working about two weeks ago when I was trying to rig up a DIY fan setup on the CPU syncs. After maybe being a little too... textured the computer failed to display anything on the screen, and it didn't seem to be booting to boot. I am not too sure what happened but I am pretty sure the motherboard was the issue. I tried three different video cards and two different monitors, so I know those werent the cause. Nonetheless I am going to rebuild my desktop tonight that will go nicely in the office I have been putting together. I plan on mapping the entire home directory to my home server that I have set up. I am hoping this isn't a huge bottle neck. My thinking is if the computers are networked at a gigabit than that will be faster than the speed of the hard drives in the server. Additionally the computer is going to have a solid state drive for the OS/programs, and a three single plater hard drive RAID 0 for its local data drive. The only data I am planning on storing locally are caches, image renderings, page file, temps, etc. 
 
Hopefully I will have sometime to clean with post up

No comments:

Post a Comment